Accomplishing our mission requires a diverse team of goal-driven professionals with a range of experiences and specialties. Join us!
Aimpoint Research® is a global, multi-disciplinary strategic intelligence firm. We blend best practices from military intelligence and market research to provide our clients a competitive advantage. We help leaders make better decisions that reduce risk, optimize resources, and maximize success. While the company serves many industries, Aimpoint Research specializes in serving the agri-food value chain.
Position: Agri-Food WatchDesk Analyst
The Agri-Food WatchDesk Analyst works collaboratively within the Situational Awareness team to monitor the agri-food value chain. Specifically, analysts are responsible for collecting, synthesizing, and reporting intelligence to provide our clients with critical context and meaningful insights they can act on. Intelligence includes primary and secondary quantitative and qualitative information and data. Analysts are regularly engaging with clients and presenting intelligence. As part of the Situational Awareness team, analysts are also involved in the development and execution of wargames.
This position will monitor and analyze dynamics of specific areas of the agri-food value chain.
The ideal candidate is naturally curious, hardworking, and has experience with analysis of primary and secondary intelligence to address clients’ information requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communication – Regularly interact with clients to understand and document their business and intelligence objectives and provide regular updates to them on new intel developments.
- Collaboration – Engage daily with teammates to report and synthesis intelligence and develop deliverables.
- Cognitive skills – Consume information and formulate a theory or hypothesis to test.
- Intelligence Interpretation– Investigate and synthesize large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data to test hypothesis and develop compelling, concise deliverables.
- Intelligence Reporting & Delivery – Proficient at clear and concise writing, developing presentations and delivering presentations to broad client audiences including executives.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in intelligence, agriculture and the food system OR Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, finance, agri-business, or another agri-food related field.
- Outstanding interpersonal and client management skills.
- Naturally curious and inquisitive.
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to contextualize information.
- Ability to integrate observations on news, current events, or trends in the United States and around the world with primary and secondary intel findings to enhance Aimpoint’s value to our clients.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with extensive experience writing reports, developing presentations, and briefing senior leaders.
- Ability to synthesize information into compelling, actionable findings.
- Desire to network, develop new business opportunities and expand client relationships.
- Desire to develop personally and professionally by constantly seeking new insights, skills, educational opportunities, and training.
- Must have meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work independently to generate high-quality, stand-alone work.
- Strong mathematical and computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, finance, marketing, ag business, or related field.
- MBA or Advanced Degree preferred.
- Specialization within the agricultural industry preferred.
- Commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume and any pertinent information to JoinTheTeam@AimpointResearch.com.