Accomplishing our mission requires a diverse team of goal-driven professionals with a range of experiences and specialties. Join us!
Aimpoint Research® is a global, multi-disciplinary strategic intelligence firm. We blend best practices from military intelligence and market research to provide our clients a competitive advantage. We help leaders make better decisions that reduce risk, optimize resources, and maximize success. While the company serves many industries, Aimpoint Research specializes in serving the agri-food value chain.
Position: Fusion Leader
The Fusion Leader fills a critical and pivotal position at Aimpoint Research. Fusion Leaders sit at the center of our efforts to build intelligence driven organizations. The Fusion Leader bridges all four of our core competencies: Thought Leadership, Situational Awareness, Market Research and Activation efforts.
This person is responsible for developing and fully understanding the client’s information requirements (CIRs), leading and managing the intent of the intelligence collection as well as the internal coordination for resources and analysis focus necessary to acquire and analyze data and information in the creation of actionable intelligence.
Fusion Leaders serve as the primary client contact for their specific projects and must communicate and collaborate effectively. The Fusion Leader is also the primary source of client organizational understanding. They are responsible for knowing the client’s priorities.
The Fusion Leader leads the integration of multiple complex market research and market intelligence projects. The Fusion Leader is responsible for bringing all forms of intelligence together, ensuring context and relevance is maintained (building situational awareness) and building the finished intelligence products (actionable intelligence).
The Fusion leader intentionally leads, guides and directions the delivery of actionable intelligence. They lead the analysis and production of the insights (fusion sessions). They lead the delivery to the client.
More specifically, Fusion Leaders handle the client facing and internal resource synchronization. They are accountable for all aspects of the client’s projects including project design, coordination, implementation, delivery, budgeting and quality control.
The ideal candidate has deep institutional experienced and is fully capable of managing the design, execution, and analysis of research to address our clients’ objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communication – Regularly interact with clients to understand and document their business and research objectives and regularly update them on project progress.
- Proposal Development and Research Design – Provide input into proposed research design including exploration of alternative methodologies. Support proposal development, including proposal writing and assisting with cost estimation.
- Research Instrument Design – Design research instruments that answer key strategic questions aimed at helping clients meet their business objectives as defined in the proposal stage. A strong understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and techniques is a must.
- Full Cycle Project Management – Lead the project team from design and programming to analysis and reporting; monitor project performance in terms of schedule, quality, and budgets
- Data Analysis Planning/Execution – Plan and execute thorough data analysis and ensure the accuracy and quality of all reports.
- Data Interpretation and Reporting – Synthesize and integrate large amounts of data into compelling, concise deliverables that meet the clients’ needs and expectations; must be proficient at delivering presentations to broad client audiences.
- Client Management – Work with mid to senior level clients on various aspects of the research (design, timing, reporting, etc.), providing timely project updates, and performing at a level that exceeds client expectations; must anticipate clients’ needs and requirements while proactively managing situations to exceed expectations and resolve issues; must actively seek and recognize opportunities for new business development.
- Professional Development – Seek developmental opportunities and mentor junior research staff, teaching and enhancing their understanding of the research process and building their research acumen.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in marketing research, intelligence, business analytics or a related field.
- Outstanding interpersonal and client management skills
- Excellent understanding of qualitative and quantitative research design, data analysis tools and technique.
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to contextualize information.
- Ability to integrate observations on news, current events or trends in the United States and around the world with primary and secondary research findings to enhance Aimpoint’s value to our clients.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with extensive experience writing reports, developing presentations and briefing senior leaders.
- Ability to supervise others on project-related matters, as well as teach and mentor junior staff.
- Ability to craft creative and highly customized research that will address our clients’ needs.
- Ability to synthesize information into compelling, actionable findings.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Desire to network, develop new business opportunities and expand client relationships.
- Willing to travel regularly in the United States and abroad.
- Desire to develop personally and professionally by constantly seeking new insights, skills, educational opportunities and training.
- Must have meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work independently to generate high quality stand-alone work.
- Strong mathematical and computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Preferred: Strong agricultural background with in-depth knowledge of the agri-food value chain.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, marketing, mathematics, social science or related field.
- MBA, Masters of Market Research, or Advanced Degree in Social Science preferred.
- Commensurate with experience
Please send your resume and any pertinent information to JoinTheTeam@AimpointResearch.com.