Aimpoint is a global market research firm providing the insight leaders and organizations require to make better, more-informed decisions that reduce risk, optimize resource allocation and maximize success. Aimpoint fuses proven research methodologies, advanced collection techniques, superior analysis, and inspired presentations to give our client’s a competitive advantage.
Position: Research Manager
The Research Manager leads and manages multiple complex market research projects designed to provide our clients with accurate, actionable intelligence they can use to achieve their objectives. Specifically, Research Managers handle all aspects of research proposal writing, project design, coordination, delivery, budgeting and quality control. They manage the execution of field work, data collection, analysis and the development of all client deliverables. Research Managers serve as the primary client contact for their specific projects and must communicate and collaborate effectively.
The ideal candidate is experienced with the design, execution, and analysis of primary research to address clients’ objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communication – Regularly interact with clients to understand and document their business and research objectives and regularly update them on project progress.
- Proposal Development and Research Design – Provide input into proposed research design including exploration of alternative methodologies. Support proposal development, including proposal writing and assisting with cost estimation.
- Research Instrument Design – Design research instruments that answer key strategic questions aimed at helping clients meet their business objectives as defined in the proposal stage. A strong understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and techniques is a must.
- Full Cycle Project Management – Lead the project team from design and programming to analysis and reporting; monitor project performance in terms of schedule, quality, and budgets.
- Data Analysis Planning/Execution – Plan and execute thorough data analysis and ensure the accuracy and quality of all reports.
- Data Interpretation and Reporting – Synthesize and integrate large amounts of data into compelling, concise deliverables that meet the clients’ needs and expectations; must be proficient at delivering presentations to broad client audiences.
- Client Management – Work with mid to senior level clients on various aspects of the research (design, timing, reporting, etc.), providing timely project updates, and performing at a level that exceeds client expectations; must anticipate clients’ needs and requirements while proactively managing situations to exceed expectations and resolve issues; must actively seek and recognize opportunities for new business development.
- Professional Development – Seek developmental opportunities and mentor junior research staff, teaching and enhancing their understanding of the research process and building their research acumen.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in marketing research, intelligence, business analytics or a related field.
- Outstanding interpersonal and client management skills
- Excellent understanding of qualitative and quantitative research design, data analysis tools and technique.
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to contextualize information.
- Ability to integrate observations on news, current events or trends in the United States and around the world with primary and secondary research findings to enhance Aimpoint’s value to our clients.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with extensive experience writing reports, developing presentations and briefing senior leaders.
- Ability to supervise others on project-related matters, as well as teach and mentor junior staff.
- Ability to craft creative and highly customized research that will address our clients’ needs.
- Ability to synthesize information into compelling, actionable findings.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Desire to network, develop new business opportunities and expand client relationships.
- Willing to travel regularly in the United States and abroad.
- Desire to develop personally and professionally by constantly seeking new insights, skills, educational opportunities and training.
- Must have meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work independently to generate high quality stand-alone work.
- Strong mathematical and computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must become PRC certified within one year of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, marketing, mathematics, social science or related field.
- MBA, Masters of Market Research, or Advanced Degree in Social Science preferred.
- Commensurate with experience