Accomplishing our mission requires a diverse team of goal-driven professionals with a range of experiences and specialties. Join us!
Aimpoint Research® is a global, strategic intelligence firm specializing in agri-food. We blend military intelligence techniques and market research to discover what’s really happening in the marketplace, what’s going to happen in the future and what to do about it to ensure our clients are successful no matter what the future brings.
Position: Intelligence Analyst Intern – Agriculture & Food
The Intelligence Analyst Intern works collaboratively with the WatchDesk team. The WatchDesk is a group of experienced analysts who continually monitor the trends, disruptions and innovations that could impact the agri-food value chain directly or indirectly. The team utilizes hundreds of open-source collection assets, as well as in-depth interviews and professional contracts. The Agri-Food WatchDesk is a core element of all Aimpoint research services, providing intel and analysis.
The Intelligence Analyst Intern will work with a diverse group of analysts with a variety of backgrounds and experiences to collect, synthesize and report intelligence findings to our clients. Working collaboratively with industry leaders, the analysts ensure the leaders have the tools needed to understand issues beyond the headlines, anticipate challenges or threats, and take advantage of opportunities in the marketplace.
The ideal candidate is naturally curious, hardworking, detailed oriented and self-starting. Expertise in specialty crops, food or consumer trends is a plus.
As an Intelligence Analyst Intern, you will assist members of the WatchDesk team with tasks that include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and analyzing dynamics of specified areas of the agri-food value chain
- Collecting, synthesizing and reporting intelligence to clients with critical context and meaningful actionable insights.
- Contributing to the monthly WatchDesk reports and Battlefield Intelligence briefings
- Supporting client wargaming efforts
- Gathering intelligence in support of client projects and internal intelligence requests.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree or Advanced Degree in economics, business, finance, agri-business, or another agri-food related field.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Naturally curious and inquisitive.
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to organize and contextualize information.
- Ability to integrate observations on news, current events, or trends in the United States and around the world with primary and secondary intel findings to enhance Aimpoint’s value to our clients.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with experience writing reports, developing presentations, and presenting.
- Ability to synthesize information into compelling, actionable findings.
- Desire to develop personally and professionally by constantly seeking new insights, skills, educational opportunities, and training.
- Must have meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work independently to generate high-quality, stand-alone work.
- Strong mathematical and computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Compensation & Location:
- Internship will be 8-12 weeks.
- Compensation is based on 40 hours per week over the period.
- The preferred location for this position is our office in Columbus, OH
Please send your resume and cover letter to Amy Webb at AWebb@DirectionsResearch.com